Elbert County Campus
|General Information||Programs||Student Affairs|
|Becoming a Student||Economic Development||Library Services|
|Campus Map||Adult Education Services||Virtual campus tour|
Adult Education Services
|Monday||9:00 am - 3:30 pm||5:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday and Thursday||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 3:00 pm||5:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
The Adult Learning Center welcomes new students on a weekly basis and there is no charge to attend classes. Upon enrolling in the Adult Learning Center each student will be assessed using the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education). A current Georgia ID is required to enroll in classes. Students under 18 years of age must provide an official letter of withdrawal from the last high school attended.
Based on information provided from TABE scores, the student will begin studying using appropriate materials assigned by their instructor. Computer instruction, individual, whole group and small group classes are used in addition to traditional textbooks to ensure the student has every opportunity to prepare for successful completion of the GED test, which encompasses five content areas: Science, Social Studies, Language Arts/Reading, Language Arts/Writing and Mathematics.
Specific academic skills are available to students requiring COMPASS preparation or English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction. Enrollment follows the same guidelines as the traditional GED student.
GED testing is held each semester on the Elbert County Campus. Pre-registration is required. This paper based test is held over the course of two days. Day one testing consists of Mathematics and Language Arts/Writing. Day two testing is comprised of Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts/Reading. Testing costs $160.00 for the entire GED test ($32.00 per section). Scholarships are available for residents of Elbert County that meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in the Elbert County Adult Learning Center
- Attended a minimum of 12 hours
- Scored a minimum of 450 on the GED practice test for each subject the student is testing in
IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION:
- The Elbert County Campus looks forward to offering computer based GED testing in the near future. At this time Athens Technical College is offering computer based testing on the Athens Campus and the Walton County Campuses. Please contact the center for more information.
- Please note that the current version of the GED test is expiring at the end of 2013. If you do not finish and pass all five areas of the test by then, your scores will expire and you will have to start over again with the new 2014 version of the test. The last day that Athens Technical College will offer the test this year is Friday, December 13, 2013.
To register for classes at the Elbert County Adult Learning Center, or to receive more information on our program, please contact:
For additional information regarding Adult Education Services click here.