Financial Aid

Federal Work Study

The Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant is for children of soldiers who died as a result of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan. You must meet all of the general eligibility requirements in order to qualify.. To apply, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Check here for the Application Process.

Who can get an Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant?

You may be eligible to receive the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant if:
  • you are not eligible for a Federal Pell Grant on the basis of your Expected Family Contribution, but
  • meet the remaining Federal Pell Grant eligibility requirements, and
  • your parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. armed forces and died as a result of military service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan after the events of 9/11, and
  • you were under 24 years of age or were enrolled in college, at least part-time, at the time of your parent's or guardian's death.

How much money can I get?

The grant award is equal to the amount of a maximum Federal Pell Grant for the award year but cannot exceed your cost of attendance for that award year. The maximum Federal Pell Grant award is $5,550 for the 2012-13 award year (July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013).

When will I receive my financial aid?

Your grant is first applied to your school charges to cover tuition and fees. Any money left over is paid to you as a refund. Please check here to view the current semester's refund dates.