Office of Veteran's Services
Once you are receiving VA educational benefits:
- Certify your enrollment with the VA at the end of each month. (This is NOT required if you are receiving post 9/11 benefits.) On the last day of each month, you may call Interactive Voice Response (1-877-823-2378) and follow the instructions or you may use the internet W.A.V.E program.
- Changes in credit hours should be reported immediately to your Athens Tech Veterans' Certifying Official.
- Repeat Coursework- The VA requires that you submit to Athens Tech, transcripts from all previous schools. If courses taken previously satisfy course requirements in your program of study here, you cannot retake those courses at Athens Tech and have them certified for payment of VA benefits. If we certify a course you are taking that is required for completion of your program and our Registrar subsequently applies credit from a previous college that fills that requirement, you will have to repay the VA benefits paid for that course.
- VRAP students- In order to receive VRAP benefits from the VA, you must maintain full time attendance at Athens Tech.
- Direct Deposit- call 1-877-838-2778 to arrange.
- Change of Address- complete VA From 50-572, available at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Questions about VA benefits- Call 1-888-442-4551 or visit www.gibill.va.gov.