Scholarships are an excellent way to supplement your financial aid award at Athens Technical College. This money is in addition to federal and state aid and generally does not have to be paid back. There are numerous scholarships from a variety of sources, and we want to help point you in the right direction.
We will advertise scholarship opportunities from time to time here on our website and by email to students and faculty. See below under Advertised Scholarships.
You should also check "in your neighborhood." Does your church give a scholarship? Does your community have a Lions Club or Rotary Club? Does your place of employment offer scholarships to its workers? All of these people have an interest in the community and a great resource for scholarships.
The Athens Technical College Foundation is also proud to offer several merit based scholarships and awards each year. These generally require some prior attendance at Athens Technical College and a solid academic record. More information can be found at the ATC Foundation website.
Many scholarships will have an application deadline during the late winter or early spring months with the intention of awarding students for the following academic year. Scholarship opportunities do arise throughout the year, and we encourage to you check often. To increase your chances, you should apply for as many scholarships as you can. There are many students that have graduated from and are currently attending Athens Technical College that have received and made use of scholarships. They are well worth your time and effort.
If there is anything we can do to help with your scholarships, please let us know. Dustin McDaniel , one of our financial aid counselors, manages scholarship accounts. If you have received a scholarship and want to know how apply it to your student account, please contact him, and he will be happy to help.
- Athens Tech Foundation Scholarships
- Barbara K. Tumperi Scholarship
- Bright from the Start Scholarships and Incentives
- The Drs. Zeb and Lenette Burrell Educational Endowment Scholarship
- Dr. Sherrie Ford Memorial Scholarship
- Elbert Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship
- General Scholarship Information
- George S Neath Scholarship
- GRAINGER Scholarship General Information
- Grainger Tools for Tomorrow
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Home Depot® Trade Scholarship Program
- Learning Support Scholarship
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
- Pearson Publishing 2012 Allied Health Student Scholarship
- Ty Cobb Scholarship