High School Students
|High School Relations Home||Articulation||Dual Enrollment Academic ACCEL Program|
|Dual Enrollment Technical - HOPE Program||Move on When Ready||Joint Enrollment|
|Home School Admission||Decision Guide||Forms|
|College Opportunities for High School Students|
Dual Enrollment Move on When Ready
The Dual Enrollment Move on When Ready program offers additional educational opportunities for motivated high school students to earn technical college credit as they meet their high school graduation requirements. Students are eligible to take general education and non-general education courses within technical certificate, diploma programs or degree programs in order to satisfy their high school graduation requirements. High school students enrolling in this program are required to take a full time course load of 12 semester hours. Students who drop below the full-time status for any reason during the term forfeit their eligibility to continue in Move on When Ready and must return to the home high school. Failure to successfully complete the full-time course load would result in the student withdrawing from the Move on When Ready program and could result in them not graduating on time from high school. Students must take all required End of Course Tests at their high school and take all required Georgia High School Graduation Tests. While enrolled in the Move on When Ready program, you can not be enrolled in any other Dual Enrollment program or transfer to another institution during that term. At the end of each term, the student is responsible for requesting an official transcript for receiving credit for high school credit. Georgia residency and U.S. citizenship requirements for HOPE program eligibility apply to Move on When Ready participants. They must be enrolled in a public school for funding purposes during the preceding October and March full-time equivalent (FTE) program counts at their high school. Applicants must be in compliance with Selective Services registration requirements as well.
Move on When Ready applicants must complete the following steps in order to participate in this program:
- Be at least 16 years of age and have successfully completed the tenth grade;
- Submit official high school transcripts indicating a minimum high school grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Submit a letter of recommendation from one of their high school counselors;
- Review the Dual Enrollment Agreement to Participate and submit a completed Dual Enrollment Acknowledgement Form with signatures of applicants, their parents/guardians, and high school counselor;
- Complete, sign, and submit the college's application for admission;
- Submit official COMPASS, ASSET, SAT, or ACT test scores;
- Submit a Move on When Ready application that includes a list of the required courses needed for graduation;
- Submit a Move on When Ready permission form from the parent/guardian, student, and counselor;
- Complete the Move on When Ready Checklist which describes the requirements for the program
Some technical certificate and diploma programs of study require students to be over the age of 18 to enroll in coursework associated with those programs. See the Curriculum section of the Athens Technical College catalog for specific age requirements. Applicants for the Move on When Ready program must gain regular admission status to participate. Applicants whose test scores place them in learning support coursework are not eligible to participate in this program. After gaining admission to Athens Technical College, high school students must complete New Student Orientation and Registration prior to registering for the first semester at the college.
The Move on When Ready program pays for tuition, fees, and materials for eligible students. Students or parents/guardians are responsible for purchasing books. It is mandatory that students purchase the books, supplies, and equipment required by the college instructor. Students will also be responsible for paying the tuition and other expenses for courses that are not required under the Move on When Ready program. Students in the Move on When Ready program are not eligible for any HOPE Scholarship or HOPE Grant financial aid while in this program.
For information about how to enroll in the Move on When Ready program, please contact the High School Coordinator and/or go to Move on When Ready link on our website: