Applying as an International Student
Before beginning the application process, take a look at the brief overview below of how to apply and what to expect. We hope to see you at Athens Technical College!
Step By Step
Please see the International Student Admission Guide for a detailed admissions checklist.
- Submit an application for admission.
- Submit all supporting documentation by the application deadline. (Please review the Admissions Checklist on the 3rd page of the International Student Admission Guide.)
Submit all items to the International Student Office at:
Athens Technical College
International Student Office
800 US Hwy 29 N
Athens, GA 30601-1500
What to Expect
- Within two business days of Athens Tech's receipt of your application you should receive a verification e-mail confirming that we received your application.
- After three weeks of the International Services Office at Athens Technical College not receiving your supporting documents required for admission, we will send an emailed reminder of what documents have not been received by our office.
- Once it is determined that the applicant meets our criteria and if we have space available we subsequently send via regular mail and email an Acceptance Letter. The Acceptance Letter is our official notification that the student has been accepted to our school for the specified term. The letter will include an assigned Student ID, your Program Advisor's contact information, and instructions on how to set up your email account, and an I-20 form. The letter will also include a sealed envelope addressed to the U.S. consulate that you should take with you to your visa interview.
- Please see the 4th page of the International Student Admission Guide for detailed steps for obtaining a student visa.