Association of Social Work AssistantsPurpose:
- To bring together students in the Social Work Assistant Program and to enhance their professional growth.
- To provide service opportunities on campus and in the community for students who desire to improve social conditions.
- To increase visibility of the social work profession and the SWA Program at Athens Technical College (ATC).
- To serve as a networking and social outlet and to provide opportunities for interaction among SWA students.
In order to become a member of the ASWA the following criteria must be met:
- Current enrollment in the Social Work Assistant program.
- Attend at least two ASWA meetings per semester.
- Participate in at least one club project or activity each semester.
- Alumni members are invited to all meetings, programs, and activities, but may not vote.
- The ASWA does NOT discriminate based on to race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or class.
- Active members must meet all eligibility criteria in order to vote or hold office.
- Annual SWA/ASWA Program Alumni Celebration & Networking Event
- Community Service Projects including
- Care Packages for U.S. Airmen who are deployed
- Holiday Adopt-a-Family (with Winterville Elementary School)
- Food Bank of Northeast Georgia
- Martin Luther King Day of Service
- ASWA Advisement Hospitality Room once each semester
- Booth and Fundraiser a the ATC Spring Fling
- Annual ASWA Gobbler Fun Run
- Assisting with Nation Association of Social Workers(ASWA) Northeast Georgia Unit monthly meetings and training events
- Celebration of Social Work Month and honoring our profession: Information Booths on campus Mondays in March
- Monthly general membership meetings
- Participation in ATSAC Meetings
- Participation in the ATSAC Leadership Conference (through Student Activities)
- Participation in ASWA Officer/Leadership Transition Training and Orientation
- Annual membership drive and holiday celebration
|Recording Secretary||Stephanie Gray|
|Member at Large||James Humphries|
|Member at Large||Jaqueline Peter|
|Member at Large||Willie Smith|