Association of Social Work AssistantsPurpose:
- To bring together students in the Social Work Assistant Program and to enhance their professional growth.
- To provide service opportunities on campus and in the community for students who desire to improve social conditions.
- To increase visibility of the social work profession and the SWA Program at Athens Technical College (ATC).
- To serve as a networking and social outlet and to provide opportunities for interaction among SWA students.
In order to become a member of the ASWA the following criteria must be met:
- Current enrollment in the Social Work Assistant program.
- Attend at least two ASWA meetings per semester.
- Participate in at least one club project or activity each semester.
- Pay membership dues of $4 each semester by the set deadline which is the fourth week of each semester.
- Alumni members are invited to all meetings, programs, and activities, but may not vote. Alumni will pay dues of $5 per semester.
- The ASWA does NOT discriminate based on to race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or class.
- Active members must meet all eligibility criteria in order to vote or hold office.
- Food Drive Program: Designed to support the Food2Kids Program, a childhood hunger initiative launched by the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia
- ASWA T-Shirts Fundraiser: Designed to promote ASWA spirit and to attract new members
- School Supplies Drive
- Christmas Toy Drive
- Holiday Adopt a Family
|Recording Secretary||Destiny Tarpkins|
|Correspondence Secretary||Janice Brown|
|Member at Large||James Humphries|