Athens Tech Foundation
Giving OpportunitiesFoundation General Fund
- This fund provides funding for scholarships, awards, loans, adult education, college support, building projects & renovations and additional resources to support the vitality of Athens Technical College.
- Provides resources to meet the needs of instructional programs and to recognize and reward outstanding achievements and contributions by members of the faculty and staff.
- Provides resources for scholarships and awards including: High School Merit Scholarship, Health Science Merit Scholarship, Award for Excellence, David White Scholarship, Richard Frasier Scholarship (awarded to a GED recipient to assist with the cost of earning a college degree), Dr. Flora Tydings Work Ethics Award and various other annual and one-time awards.
- Adult Education:Provides GED scholarships to Adult Education students. This fund also provides financial support to hire part-time adjunct instructors for the Clarke County Adult Education Center.
- GED Scholarships for students in the 10-county service area: The service area includes: Athens-Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Hart, Taliaferro, Madison, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Walton and Washington-Wilkes counties.
- Coggins GED Scholarships:Â Provides GED scholarships to the residents of Elbert County.
- Ira Martin Adult Ed: This fund honors the memory of Ira Martin, Adult Education instructor. This fund provides financial assistance to students who reside in Walton County and are pursuing a GED.
Academic Development Program Support
- Auto Tech Program: This fund provides resources for the enhancement of the Automotive Technology Program.
- Culinary Arts Program: This fund provides resources for the enhancement of the Culinary Arts Program.
- Life Sciences Division: This fund provides resources for the enhancement of the Life Sciences Division.
- Library: This fund provides resources for the enhancement of the library.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Program: Provides resources for the PTA students to travel to conferences, purchase lab equipment and other expenditures relevant to enhancing their training.
- Dale Dean Emergency Loan: Honors the memory of Dr. Dale Dean, the first Dean of the Business Division, by providing emergency loans to students.Â These loans may be used for tuition or books.
- Dr. Bruce Ott Emergency Loan: Honors the memory of Dr. Bruce Ott, Respiratory Therapy Program instructor. These loans may be used for transportation or medical related needs.
- Presidential Student Access Loan: Supports Athens Technical College students who are experiencing unforeseen financial circumstances which may prevent them from attending school.
Scholarships & Awards
- Andrea Leonhardt Memorial Scholarship: Honors the memory of Andrea Leonhardt, Veterinary Technology instructor. This scholarship is awarded to Veterinary Technology students.
- Gloria Buck Scholarship: Honors Gloria Buck, Program Chair for the Registered Nursing Program.Â This scholarship is awarded to Nursing Program students.
- Carol L. White Award: Honors Dr. Carol L. White, former Dean of Life Sciences Division.Â This award is presented annually to a Phi Theta Kappa student.
- Kenneth & Jessie Doyle Nursing Scholarship: Provides a scholarship for an Associate Degree Nursing student currently under single mother status and in good academic standing.
- Robert G. Shelnutt Memorial Scholarship:Â Honors the memory of Robert G. Shelnutt, the first Director of Athens Technical College.Â This scholarship is awarded to a student who demonstrates the highest level of citizenship, work ethics and leadership at Athens Technical College.
- Learning Support Scholarship: Provides resources for academically at-risk student who have been required to take developmental classes in two subject areas before entering their program of study.
- Early Childhood Care & Education Parkview Scholarship: Awarded to students (up to five per semester) enrolled in the Early Childhood Care & Education Associate Degree program and taking either MATH0098 or MATH0099.
- This fund provides resources for the operation and the activities of the Athens Technical College Alumni Association.
Thank you for your continued support!
Auditorium Seat Campaign
The new B. Frank Coggins Center is a state-of-the-art Industrial Technology Building which includes a 200 seat auditorium. This auditorium is utilized frequently by community groups as well as by the student body. Each seat in the auditorium features a brass Donor Recognition Plate in a prominent location on the armrest. Purchasing an auditorium seat and engraving the name of your company on the Donor Recognition Plate is an ideal way to advertise your company to a broad segment of the population. The Auditorium Seat Campaign is also designed for the individual who wants to honor or to memorialize someone special in their life. Many seats are still available.
To sponsor an auditorium seat, simply print a copy of the Auditorium_Seat_Order_Form Pledge_Card, provide the information requested on the card, and then mail the completed form to the Athens Tech Foundation along with your check or money order for payment. Become a part of the Athens Technical College Legacy, a legacy that will benefit students for many years to come!
Donor Brick Campaign
Athens Tech Foundation Donor Bricks are an opportunity to place a personalized inscription upon a brick which constructs a walkway for the Life Science Building on the Athens Campus or the Coggins Center on the Elbert Campus. The Donor Brick order form is available online.