E-Learning @ ATC >> Software/Hardware Requirements
Students who take online courses need reasonable computer competence and good study, Internet, and reading comprehension skills to be successful. Online courses also require a minimum time commitment of 10-15 hours each week of the semester. Skills specific to individual courses may also be required; for example, proficiency with a word processing package may be needed for an online English course.
There are specific computer software, Internet browser and hardware requirements associated with E-Learning @ ATC.
You must have daily access to a computer to take an e-learning course at Athens Technical College.
- Windows operating system (10,8,7, Vista, or XP)
- Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux Distributions
- Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, or openSUSE
- Internet service provider
- Word processing software (most courses use Microsoft Word) - contact your instructor
NOTE: Some courses require specific software that is not required by all courses. You are responsible for obtaining and installing any supplemental software required for your course. Contact the instructor for specific requirements.
- Pentium/AMD/Athlon processor 1.0Ghz or higher
- 512 MB RAM - 1 Gig preferred
- 200 MB of free disk space (to install a browser if necessary, plus additional space for other programs if applicable)
- DSL modem, Cable modem, or 56K modem
- Printer (laser or inkjet)
- CD-ROM (required for some courses)
The Blackboard learning management system works with the following browsers.
Your instructor will advise you of the necessary media software needed for your course. Download necessary media by clicking on the links below.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Office 2007 Compatibility Pack
- PowerPoint Viewer 2007
- RealPlayer G2
- Macromedia Authorware Web Player
- Macromedia Flash Player
- Windows Media Player
- MacroMedia ShockWave Player
- Apple QuickTime Player