If you didn’t finish high school, we offer free classes in each of the counties in our service area to help you prepare to take the GED test or HiSET exam. We also offer free English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. These free classes help hundreds of students each year learn the skills needed to complete their high school equivalency (GED/HiSET), attain citizenship, go to college, or find a job. GED and HiSET testing scholarships are available for those who qualify.
• Students are initially assessed to measure their current educational level.
• We create an individualized study plan based on your existing skills and needs.
• Instructors teach core material to strengthen knowledge and skill base, answering questions and encouraging students.
• We offer free official practice tests when you meet certain requirements so you know when you’re ready for the GED® exam.
• Enrolled students can choose to study our free online curriculum from home and come to campus for assistance as needed.
• We assist students as they transition to college and/or the workforce.
Specific Facility, Tools Or Educational Tools Available
The HOPE High School Equivalency Examination Grant is now available to qualified Georgians to cover the cost of their GED test. Visitwww.HSEtest4Free.comto apply!
Do You Want to Earn Your GED®?
Follow the following steps:
Make sure you’re eligible
You must NOT be enrolled in any public, private, or home-school program
You must have a valid ID. It must be a current government-issued ID, driver’s license, or passport. It cannot be broken all the way across or have pieces missing.
If you are 16 or 17, you must enroll in a free adult education class and meet those requirements. Call 706-583-2551 for more information.