Nature of Work
Emerging technologists work with advanced, even experimental technologies to increase the flow of communication, expand profit margin, and/or deliver products internally within the organization and externally to the organization's customers. Because of the rapid developments in technology, emerging technologists are constantly learning and updating their skill sets and evaluating new innovations.
Emerging technologists in public safety need to be able to work agilely in all areas of new technology and innovation. From mobile technology to drones, emerging technologists will be on the front line of ensuring the safety and security of the general public. Emerging technologists will supply and maintain the hardware and software used by public safety officers, and they will use their expertise to enhance older technologies and innovate ways of using bleeding-edge technologies to adapt to the needs and challenges faced by their public safety organization.
Emerging technologists work in many different places and fill many different roles. They are employed by small businesses, as well as Fortune 500 companies. As technology becomes more and more personal, the need for emerging technologists will continue to grow. Economic forecasts indicate that job opportunities are expected to increase by 25 percent per year from 2012 through 2022. In Georgia the need for Emerging Technologists in the communication, entertainment, and security fields has grown with skilled employees in short supply.
Credentials You Can Earn
The Higher Education Act requires all colleges and universities to notify students and prospective students of all program costs for which they will be responsible. Students will be responsible for the following expenses:
- Nonrefundable application fee ($25)
Tuition ($89 per credit hour)
- Accident Insurance Fee ($4 per term)
- Campus Supply Fee ($40 per term)
- Instruction Fee ($55 per term)
- Parking Fee ($20 per term)
- Campus Safety Fee ($25 per term)
- Registration Fee ($50 per term)
- Student Activity Fee ($30 per term)
- Technology Fee ($105 per term)Discover your futureApply Now
Are you ready to apply?
Athens Technical College is committed to creating an accessible online environment.
If you have any questions about accessibility or would like to request materials in an alternative format, please contact Dr. Keli Fewox, email@example.com or 706-355-5081.
Our web site follows industry standard techniques and best practices to provide the highest level of web site accessibility for our users. These include:
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- United States Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Section 508 standards
- Accessibility testing
In addition, we have implemented a Hotkey system for keyboard access. Hotkeys for this site are as follows:
- To access this message, press shift+the F1 key at any time
- To close this message, press shift+the F2 key at any time
- To return to the homepage, press shift+the F3 key at any time
- If the main menu has focus (usually done by pressing tab or CTRL+TAB), the left and right arrow keys will move from one menu section to the next
- To return to the menu at the top of each page, press shift+m